The pipe and pile combined wall system combines the best of both worlds from OSP’s foundation steel solutions: the primary pipe element being used to take the brunt of lateral force from soil and water, while having the shorter and lighter sheet piles to stabilise local soil mass between primary piles and transfer load.
The result? An effective weight foundation solution that handles high lateral force and vertical bearing capacity with ease.
Marina Coastal Expressway, Singapore
• Temporary retaining combined-wall for road tunnel construction
• AZ sheet piles and Pipe piles supplied
• Additionally supplied C9 connectors and driving shoes
• Hydraulic vibrodrive driving machine used to install sheet piles
Saipem Karimun Island Yard, Indonesia
• Quay Wall built using pipe pile and sheet pile combination
• Supplied more than 7000 metric tonnes of AZ sheet piles and pipe piles
• Provided value-added coating, C9 connectors and driving shoes necessary
The revolutionary HZ-M wall is an extremely economical combined wall system, launched in 2008 by ArcelorMittal to replace the former HZ/AZ system. This typically consists of:
1. HZ-M king piles
2. A pair of AZ sheet piles as intermediary elements (the infill sheet piles)
3. Special connectors (RH, RZD, RZU)
The HZ-M king pile
All of these different structures are only possible because of the proprietary technology that ArcelorMittal and OSP have joined forces to provide: an overall range of products that complement each other – a perfect fit.
This combination fulfils two different structural functions: they act as retaining members for soil and hydrostatic pressure while being bearing piles for vertical loads. More specifically, the intermediary sheet piles have a soil-retaining and load-transferring function and are generally shorter than the HZ-M king piles.
A variety of other combinations of sheet piles and foundation steel solutions can be incorporated together depending on the specific conditions and requirements of a project. Certain specific examples of past combinations include:
AZ – Jagged walls
U – Jagged walls
CAZ Combi-wall Solution
Get in touch with our team to receive expert technical consultation on which combination works best for you.