Outstanding section modulus to weight ratios;
Solid resistance against deflection;
Pioneering steel designs;
And that’s just the steel.
HOT ROLLED SHEET PILE
AZ/AU series: Hot Rolled Sheet Piles
The brainchild of over 100 years of innovation, manufacturing experience and finesse, ArcelorMittal’s AZ hot-rolled steel sheet pile series is the no-compromise response to demands in the foundation steel industry for a product with extremely competitive characteristics with long lasting durability whether in rain or shine.
Our principle? To bring all the strength of alternative concrete solutions while removing unnecessary weight, resulting in a product that is robus and engaging.
Hot Rolled Sheet Pile
Our range of Hot-Rolled sheet pile have proven themselves over decades of improvement and innovation to be a sturdy, reliable and consistent foundation solution for both permanent and temporary projects. We have for more than a decade been the proud sole supplier of ArcelorMittal’s AZ range of sheet piles.
Excellent strength to weight ratios, ie. an extremely competitive section modulus to mass ratio.
Reduced deflection due to increased inertia.
Large width resulting in good installation performance.
Strong corrosion resistance, the steel being thickest at the critical corrosion points.
Easy fixing of tie-rods and swivelling attachments, even under water.
Combining great profile depth with large flange thickness.
Tuas Mega Shipward, Singapore
• Shipyard spanning more than >2km2
• Supplied primarily AZ and AU sheet piles, alongside OT sheet piles
• Provided technical assistance for fabrication details, execution details including driving plan and construction method statement for foundation steel sheet piles
• Design review and optimisation of wharf, jetties and dry-docks, including FEA modelling for value-added and efficient engineering solutions
Tam Hiep Iz Wharf, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
• Construction of wharf for general cargo and car export
• Supplied more than 2000 metric tonnes AZ sheet pile for the project.
• Deployed vibratory hammer as the driving machine.
• Additionally, combined HZM steel wall system with tie-back and dredging depth up to 23m.
Kaohsiung Port, Berth No. 66 Extension
• Berth extension; water-based project
• Supplied more than 1500 metric tonnes of AZ sheet piles
ArcelorMittal Belval in Luxembourg is the world’s largest rolling mill of hot-rolled steel sheet piles and has been playing a leading role in the development of piling technology for over 100 years. An entire rolling mill within ArcelorMittal Belval is dedicated to the sole production of sheet piles. Production of AZ/AU series alongside various others is supported by our Differdange and Dabrowa, Poland rolling mills.
Hot-rolled sheet piles are incredibly versatile in their application, and can be used for temporary and permanent projects, water-based and land-based projects, as well as in combination with other foundation solutions:
Specifically, we’ve come up with an entirely revolutionary foundation solution by combining forces between several different products. Find out just how here.
The design and shape of profiles provided all ensure maximum strength and durability at the lowest possible weight, taking into account driveability during installation. All sheet pile models by OSP and ArcelorMittal comply with multiple international standards, further information of which can be provided on demand.