- Planning, procurement, cost tracking, scheduling and construction activities by coordinating efforts of various contractors, project team members, and internal departments.
- Development of cost estimates, equipment specifications and proposals; estimates project needs including equipment, materials and personnel; schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Develop, evaluate, and enforce contracts for work performed by contractors; monitor budgets, ensure that all contractual terms and obligations of such projects are maintained, recommend changes to designs and resolve problems as they arise.
- Monitor all work in progress to ensure that quality and engineering standards are met and that designs are effective through the entire process; review changes to designs or schedules as necessary and approve as required.
- Visit job site as needed and required.
- Verify requirements for each phase of construction with materials on hand to ensure uninterrupted workflow. Work closely with Procurement and Vendors to expedite deliveries when items are needed for construction.
- Provide direction in the resolution of problems associated with the design or construction of the project. Problems will be discussed with team members to ensure adequate solutions.
- Prepare reports for management. Meet with key personnel to ensure timeliness of project.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented to ensure company interests are protected.
- Coordinate with Safety, Health and Environmental to assure designs are in compliance with current regulations and to ensure that site-specifics are adhered to and all the required permits are obtained.
- Provide technical assistance to operating personnel during the start-up phase of the project.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant project management experience
- Preferably Manager specialised in Engineering – Civil/ Construction/ Structural or equivalent.
- Has experience in project management of commercial steel, a technical understanding of steel detailing, and knowledge of safety policies and regulatory.
- Able to read architectural and structural design drawings
- Strong time management skills to meet project deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage large multiple commercial and industrial projects.
- Experienced in earthwork and site plan calculations, plan preparation and grading/construction oversight.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate engineering information clearly and concisely.
- Solid work ethic and able to work a flexible schedule.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and competent in latest versions of AutoCAD